Almost forgot the cream cheese until I was about to put it in the oven, but still turned out fine!
Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Chocolate and Apricot
from Christina Marsigliese
For one eight-inch long cake:
1 cup (142g) all-purpose flour
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
7 tbsp (100g) unsalted butter, room temperature
100g cream cheese, room temperature
2/3 cup (135g) caster sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
zest of a lemon (optional)
70g dark chocolate, chopped
60g chopped dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Line a 22×11-cm rectangular loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar on high speed using an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Add the cream cheese and beat until very light and airy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition until silky and creamy.
- Add the flour mixture and fold in just until incorporated. Gently fold in chopped chocolate and apricots. Spoon batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, 40-45 mins. Keep an eye on it and don’t let it over-bake. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool in pan for about 20 minutes. Remove cake from the pan and cool completely.